Sunday, September 21, 2008

30 things to do before I turn 30

I was reading a monthly-issue mag which I haven't been keeping up for a long time... An interesting article caught my attention... "30 THINGS TO DO before you turn 30"


1. Channel a classic movie and throw a drink in a man's face. --> this is hilarious... will try that

2. Delete the words "random" and "totally" from your vocab. --> why?

3. Break someone's heart; have your own heart broken. --> checked

4. Drink a champagne cocktail in a posh Paris bar. --> OKAYYYY... will try my best

5. Divorce toxic friends. --> does this mean that after 30 I shouldn't divorce any toxic friends?

6. Drive a wickedly cool car, even if you have to rent it. --> Okay... One FINE day I shall rent a BMW 8 Series

7. Use an alias for a day. --> like Princess Angel?

8. Cook an impressive three-course meal for someone. --> checked

9. Learn how to successfully change a car tyre. --> *gulps*

10. Break up with a man who you know is bad for you; similarly, have a fling with a guy who you know is bad for you! -->WAT??!! NO WAY!! I mean for the 2nd phrase.

11. Have a killer joke (you tell perfectly) ready to use for one of those awkward moments. --> can't recall any killer joke that I've heard of

12. Travel somewhere by yourself --- a foreign country, another city or just a weekend road trip --> wait till I get a GPS

13. Volunteer for a charity you really care about. --> can I do this after I've retired?

14. Go to an art gallery and buy an original piece of art. --> ok, that's if the object in the art is me

15. Dine unaccompanied in a nice restaurant. --> checked

16. Run (or at least train for) a marathon. --> cheched

17. Pay off your credit cards/ debts/car loan. --> I'll still continue using and paying off my credit cards after 30

18. Learn how to choose the perfect wine. --> that's something interesting to do before 30

19. Try something you always said you'd never do --- like sky-diving or eating escargot. --> cut my hair real short?

20. Learn how to stand up for yourself when you receive poor customer service. --> checked

21. Spend a whole pay packet on a pair of shoes. --> Yeah.. I've planned that long ago

22. Confess that (present or past) crush to a friend. --> checked

23. Have a favorite book that isn't chick-lit. --> checked

24. Quit a job without having another lined up. --> OK!

25. Buy a complete set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill and a lace bra. --> *gulps* what to do with them?

26. Find out which friends you can and can't trust, and learn to not take it personally. --> checked

27. Live all by yourself for at least six months. --> If I have the chance...

28. Forgive someone who wronged you; apologize to someone you've betrayed. --> checked

29. Learn the CPR and Heimlich manoeuvre. --> if I learn it... I might misuse it =P

30. Visit a strip club. --> can't wait mannn.....